Friday, May 16, 2014

Change in Picnic Plans!

Some last minute picnic plan changes - thanks to Mother Nature!

There has been heavy rain today in the Philadelphia area.  I got a call this morning from someone at Lower Perkiomen Valley Park, informing me that there was a chance the creek would rise and flood the pavilion.

Rather than take a chance, I decided to move the picnic.  It will now be held at the Holiday Inn Express in Warminster, at Jacksonville and Street Roads. Thanks so much to the sales manager, Dennis, for making the meeting room available to us.  I'm staying here and have seen the room and it should work out just fine for us.

The actual address is 240 Veterans Way, which comes in off of Jacksonville Road.  The hotel sits behind Costco.  Time for the picnic will be 12-6.  We're still providing the same food and sodas.  You can bring beer or wine if you wish.  Dress is still casual.  Only real difference is not having to worry about rising water and mud!

Special thanks to John McDonald, Nancy Telmosse Lyons and Tina Hollingsworth Owens for helping me call everyone on the list and spread the word.  I also put a message on Facebook.  By one means of communication or another, I think we were able to get in touch with everyone.

Sorry for the last minute changes but I wasn't about to take a chance!  Hope to see you all tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment