Thursday, July 2, 2020

57th Reunion - 2020


UMHS Class of 1963
57th Reunion



It's been 57 years since we bid farewell to UMHS as the great Class of '63. It's time for another reunion!

But wait – 2020 has gotten in the way. These first 5000 or so days of the year have been hell! Shelter-in-place, masks, gloves, social distancing, handwashing, sprays, wipes, and the toilet paper shortage – I still can't understand that one! Seriously, I hope no one has been affected by this deadly and unpredictable virus.

This has put a kink into plans to get together this fall. But I'm not going to let 2020 beat me. Here's what I would like to do to keep us connected.

I'd like EVERYONE to send me pictures. Past, present, family – whatever you would like to share. And write a little something about yourself. What have you been doing since 1963? How have major events affected your life? Anything you would like us to know.

E-mail all of this to me at mcgheelynne8@gmail.com and I'll put everything together and post on the blog (www.umhs63.blogspot.com). If I can figure a way to do it that isn't too expensive, maybe I can put everything into some type of book that I can mail out to all.

Quite a few of us have gotten together every year since the 50th reunion. But those who haven't come to a reunion for whatever reason – we want to keep in touch with you too.

Send your pictures and stories to me by September 1. Also include your address/phone number/email address so we can be sure we have your current information. These will not be posted without your permission.

I'll post a list of those who have slipped between the cracks. If you have any information on them, send that also.

This isn't the kind of reunion we wanted to have, but in light of all that's going on, it's the safest course to follow. Next year will be better!


1 comment:

  1. I just sent my "story" to Lynne with photos. I hope everyone else does too because it will be great to read everyone's story. I love going to the reunions, but I never seem to have time to talk to everyone long enough to get their story. This is our chance to really catch up with everyone! Thank you so much Lynne!! But it will only be truly great if Lynne hears from all of you - so get to work and send in your "life since graduating" complete with family photos.

    ReplyDelete