Saturday, November 7, 2020

Anna Daeche

 


I was accepted to Westminster Choir College in Princeton, NJ in the bachelor of music education degree program. I graduated in May 1967 and went to teach music in the public school district of Piscataway, NJ. I was there for 7 years. My husband also graduated from Westminster and, as it happened, came to teach in the Piscataway school district.

We married in August 1974 and moved to San Clemente, CA. There my husband became principal of a small Christian school and I taught private music lessons while raising our 3 daughters. Over the years I took additional classes, and later on became a classroom teacher in Christian schools.

All through our marriage we have been involved with music in some way, participating in church and small group ensembles. Our children sing and enjoy music too.

After 16 years our Christian school closed because of economics and location. At that time my husband became director of Music and Worship at San Clemente Presbyterian church, I taught at another Christian school fairly close by and our daughters attended there as well. After many years at the San Clemente church we left and have been at Good Shepherd Presbyterian church in Los Alamitos ever since.

We both have been nominated to Who's Who in America, and I have been nominated to Who's Who of American Women. Neither of us ever expected these honors, but feel blessed to be included.

Both of us are still working part time at this time. I have retired from teaching, but am working at a Developmental Optometrist's office. She not only checks eyes for vision, but checks for other aspects of vision, such as are the eyes tracking together and working as a team, etc. She has a Vision Therapy aspect to her office, and I am one of the vision therapists. It has been fun learning new things, and still getting to work with students one on one to help them with their vision that will help them learn better and more effectively.

We have 3 grandchildren - 2 boys and 1 girl.

We are looking at retiring in the near future, and with that we are looking at making a change in location. Our married daughter lives in Oregon. Since we are the only family we have out here - all of our family is primarily back East, South, or Midwest - those of us still in California are considering relocating so we can be closer together.

I think this catches you up to some degree. I hope you all have had happy and healthy lives. Naturally, no life with without its ups and downs, but with love and faith at the source, we can meet the challenges that come our way.

Anna (Daeche) Abell




No comments:

Post a Comment