Saturday, November 7, 2020

Scott Brear


 Here's me in a nutshell:

1.    After graduation from Penn State, I went to Mission Control in NASA near Houston as a nerd engineer supporting Philco Ford's contract to build, maintain, add to the Mission Control for the Apollo Missions. Just a nerd, but it was quite a thrill to be assigned there especially during Apollo 11!

2.    I then moved to California where I was involved in several High Tech telecommunications ventures for about 4 years.

3.    Went to law school at night and became a California attorney.

4.    Stayed in high tech...was assigned a marketing and sales job in 1980 working for Storage Technology Corporation, first at HQ in Colorado, then London, England, as Europe, Africa and Middle East Sales Director. Remained in England for 5 years.

5.    Then I was hired by Price Waterhouse to manage their high tech consulting practice based in Hong Kong. During the next 10 years I was involved with a number of high tech start-ups who wanted to open offices in the Asia-Pacific Region.

6.    When Hong Kong was handed back to China in 1997, I finally returned to the USA working for several high tech companies in the San Francisco area.

7.    When the DOT.COM bubble burs, I became a stock broker for Morgan Stanley for a couple of years; then in about 2008 I relocated to Shasta County California where I opened up my first law practice (that was the plan when high tech burst).

8.    Since 2008, I have been practicing family law and probate law in the northern counties of California. I enjoy it greatly...very satisfying to help people with their issues at the grass roots level versus being involved with high tech and corporate politics.

9.    Our home was burned down in the Carr Fire of 2018 in Redding, California, so we moved to a beautiful area in Nevada County, California. The nearest town is Grass Valley, 30 or so miles north of Sacramento.

Chidren:  Sebastian, 21, who is now finishing electrical engineering at University of California.

Samantha, 33, who has a BS and MBA, now work for a county government in the SE as an emergency preparedness consultant.

My wife, Linda (not my first I am sorry to admit) is a retired nurse teaching at the local community college.

My hobbies include private pilot, scuba diving, antique map collecting, ocean sailing. I have been on several ocean voyages in Asia and in North America in various boats I owned.

Best wishes!


No comments:

Post a Comment