Saturday, November 7, 2020

Bonnie Mills

 


I have lived in Pennsylvania my entire life.  I earned a BA in French from Lebanon Valley College and an MA in French from Millersville University. For over 40 years I taught the French language and culture to all ages. After my schooling, I moved from Montgomery County to Bucks County, where I still live. While married, I taught, raised our son and traveled. My son Doug is a professional musician who majored in Piano and Recording Technology at Ithaca College. He has released two albums under the name "Rausch."

For the last ten years I have been delving into my family's genealogy. In addition to the historical records, I have located a few living relatives. It was a surprise to learn that one of my second cousins was in the same second grade class with me at the old UMHS. Our teacher was Mrs. Krewson.

I also learned that the farm of an ancestor is now buried at the bottom of Lake Galena in Peace Valley Park, Bucks County. He and a neighbor discovered lead ore, known as galena, on their property. Thus they named the area New Galena.

Since my childhood, our family has enjoyed the New Jersey shore. We still spend time at the Somers Point home which belonged to my great grandmother.

About nine years ago I met a wonderful gentleman. Tom belonged to the same contra dance group that I attended. We have been together ever since. He is also a pianist, practicing multiple hours each day. We enjoy socializing with friends and family,

We also love to travel both home and abroad. While we have visited his college roommate in France, one of my friends in Italy, and numerous sites in the U.S., our present goal is to visit each county in Pennsylvania. We have been delayed by the current situation, but we hope to visit the last few on our list before too long!

I have enjoyed catching up with classmates at our reunions. Let's hope we can again gather in person next year.


Bonnie and son Doug


Second grade class at old UMHS

How many can you recognize?


No comments:

Post a Comment